Friday, June 26, 2009

Food

Mmm. Eggs. I love eggs. They are wonderful.

Now, onto the post. Food.

I made myself some brunch just now and as I was eating my egg sandwich I felt good. They always make me feel good. Then I started on my bacon. It was salty, strange, heavy, and made me feel like I was going to die. This made me think. Food should never make you feel like you're going to die.

Whenever a food makes my body feel this way I try to avoid it. I don't like the feeling of, "I'm not going to be here anymore," and especially with food! So I picked off the fat and only ate the meat. It was still salty, but it didn't make me feel horrible.

Food. Taste. Flavor. Appearance.
The way we live to-day, food is just something to shove into our mouths. To keep alive. But food is very emotional. From the way it looks to the way it tastes, and finally, the way it feels. Food should be prepared with love, for it tastes much better this way. It should be savored. Each bite, each chew. It should be felt. Eating is emotional. It can make us feel good, bad, or nothing at all.
The point is truly in making food make you feel good. You shouldn't feel heavy, only good. It shouldn't be a burden.


Think about it next time you cook or eat. Concentrate on the emotion and how it makes you feel. You'll see the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment